October 27, 2021

Lentil Soup

 This recipe comes from Recipe Tin Eats and it's amazing. I didn't make it exactly the same but close.

  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tsp minced garlic)
  • 1 large carrot, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed
  • 14 oz can crushed tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
  • 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth (I used 6 cups water and 2 Tbs vegetable Better than Bouillon)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp coriander (I didn't have this so left it out)
  • 1 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Sautee onion, carrot, and celery in oil for ten minutes, adding garlic for last minute
add remaining ingredients
simmer for 40 minutes
use immersion blender to blend part of the soup to thicken (I did this but it was pretty thick and probably would have been fine without this. I also used the whole bag of lentils which was a bit more than 2 cups).

We had it with Pepperidge Farm's whole grain dinner rolls (found in the freezer section) and some apple cider to drink. It was a perfect dinner for our first crisp fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment