June 28, 2012

One Dinner At a Time

I tried to make a weekly menu.  I have been trying for awhile.  But I am finding it impossible.  People are always coming and going in our house, and I never know when I will have to go somewhere.  Today, for example, I have to take two of my kids to piano lessons.  We will be gone from 4:40-5:40 ish.  That makes it a little difficult to get a good meal on the table, and I don't care how quick a recipe claims to be, nothing takes less than an hour and more likely two hours, except hot dogs with deli salads and/or canned baked beans.  Or sandwiches.  The problem with either of these choices is that everyone eats at different times, which means that either I am constantly making another sandwich, or someone will come home and instead of making his/her dinner, will have a bowl of ice cream or some other horror instead.  Thursdays are even worse for me during the school year, when I have to take my son to scouts and then my daughter to dance.  Then we are all eating at different times.  Ugh.

Now that my rant is over (for the time being), here is what we will have tonight:

Kitchen Sink Quesadillas (I do not remember where I got this from, so I cannot give credit.  Grr)

1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
1 11 oz can corn, drained
3/4 C salsa, drained
8 flour tortillas
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

mix beans, corn, and salsa
lay four tortillas on a foil lined baking sheet
spread 1/2 cheese
spread bean mixture
spread remaining cheese
lay four tortillas on top
bake @ 400 for 10 minutes

I will first make a batch of just cheese or cheese and chopped deli turkey breast (to use up) for the picky ones, which is everyone but my husband and myself.
This still won't be as quick as it sounds because my oven no longer preheats and I will have to give it 20-30 minutes, but that will give me time to throw a quick salad together of iceberg lettuce, celery, carrots, and chopped tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment