October 27, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday October 27 2014


Good morning everyone! I haven't participated in over a month, what is wrong with me? The days just fly by in my life. Well here I am, it is almost noon and I am, quite frankly, putting off going to the store! I have missed all of you, however, so I needed to stop by and say hello today.

The weather outside is beautiful. It is 49 degrees with a high of 59 today and sunny.

On the breakfast plate this morning I am really struggling with breakfast now that the weather is getting colder. During the summer I was eating fresh berries and doing really well with my diet. Not anymore. I have been eating oatmeal more, but I cannot eat it without some sweetener, so I have been having it with brown sugar and cinnamon, but I have got to get away from the sugar, because it just sets me off craving more sugar. Another thing I have been making is a smoothie of sorts with about a cup of apple cider and a fresh apple. It is sort of like drinking applesauce. The problem again is that the apple cider I buy, which is all natural, has 30 grams of sugar per cup. 30 grams!!! Yes, so I need some advice here!

As I look outside my window I see bright orange! The trees in my backyard are in full color bloom and it is a beautiful site!

Right now I am fielding phone calls from DCF. I am a foster parent and my license has to be renewed. I have a pile of paperwork to fill out and sign and forms to bring to the vet to fill out. This is the part of being a foster parent that I do not love.

As I look around the house you can tell people live here! It is not horrible but there is stuff lying around that needs to be put away. Thanks to Halloween parties I have a Freddy Kruger glove with blades and a hat sitting on my counter, and way too much candy sitting around.

On today's to do list: some grocery shopping, pick up son from school, talk to other son about expectations, make dinner, prepare tomorrow's seminary lesson, laundry.

Currently reading How Do I Know If I Know? by John Bytheway

Recipe to try 


Favorite photo this one I had to scan to share on Facebook. My little ghost


who now looks like this


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, Devotionals
Saw this on Facebook today and loved it:


"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." - Proverbs 31:10


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Your little ghost is not so little anymore huh? :) It's crazy how fast their grow.

    Just wanted to come and say hi, even though it's late, sorry about that. Hope you've had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope y'all had a great week. Your not so little ghost has grown up quite well.

    I'm having issues with the warmer breakfast fronts too. I like my grits and oatmeal sweetened also. Then there are all the warm bread type breakfast dishes.

    ReplyDelete