July 18, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday July 18 2016


Welcome Monday! I am feeling the love today because I have been having problems with my knee and it is finally feeling better and I can get things done! Haven't been feeling the happy homemaker while it's been hard to move around. Thanks to Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom for hosting! Go see her for more HHM posts!

The weather is a bit uncomfortable, but that is typical for July around here. Right now it's about 90 degrees, but the air is heavy (pressure?) and we are due to get some severe thunderstorms this afternoon (which I admit, I absolutely love - as long as we don't lose power, lol). My son who works outside is off today so I don't have to worry about him for which I am grateful.

On My Reading Pile (which is mostly on my Kindle) are tons of unread books, lol. I have a goal to read the New Testament over the summer and am on schedule! Today I finish Acts. I am also reading To The Rescue, a biography of Thomas S Monson, and I once again started Anna Karenina but haven't touched it in awhile.

On My TV we are rewatching Friday Night Lights but that's about it. I need a good series to watch on my kindle at night when I can't go to sleep, which is often in the summer.

On the Menu tonight is pasta with meat sauce I had in the freezer and salad. The rest of the week will be mostly grilling and salad, with a baked potato thrown in here and there. It's too hot to do anything else.

On My To Do List I have my whites soaking in Oxyclean in my washer, so I will have to finish them tonight. Clean up the kitchen and vacuum, make a grocery list, do some bookkeeping, and watch the thunderstorms and make dinner. Oh, and videotape our family singing happy birthday to my daughter and load it on YouTube (will explain below).

What I am Creating What I NEED to create is a big pile of donations or garbage. Need to continue purging my house to simplify my life!

Looking Around the House for the most part the stuff that is out is manageable, but it desperately needs to be dusted and vacuumed. 

From the Camera I am going to cheat a little here - this picture was not taken by me but sent to me from my daughter, who is serving a mission in New Caledonia in the South Pacific. It's also a few weeks old, but I wanted to share one that showed the beauty of the island. We communicate via email, and today is her birthday, so I can send her the youtube link of our singing to her, thus why I need to create the video.


On my prayer list the world. My missionary daughter, my son who is in Marine recruit training this summer, my husband - his work is very stressful right now.

Inspiration a friend shared this on Facebook and it really hit home.

I hope your week is full of the things you really need, including joy!





4 comments:

  1. The island where your daughter is serving her mission does look very beautiful. I have a bunch of unread books on the Kindle app on my phone (I really surprised myself in that I never thought I would like to read books that way but I've found it very convenient & the funny thing is my 15 year old son refuses to do e-books preferring paper books 100%, go figure). Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ABSOLUTELY adore your inspiration - so perfect for me right now!

    Happy Birthday to your daughter and what a great picture of her. It takes a special person to do missionary work - God Bless her.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Exciting for your daughter to be on mission. 4 Teenagers? God Bless you. We have two and they keep us on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually not true anymore, two of them are in their twenties now. I'll have to change that! Almost 23, 20, 19, & almost 18.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete