May 13, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday May 13


Good morning everyone. I feel like I am living in an alternate universe. My father passed away on Friday night, and now there is so much to get done, and yet life on this earth goes on for the rest of us, and today I am faced with huge piles of laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Do not feel sorry for me, I am not sad, but more on that later (but not too much more, for this post is about homemaking!). Visit Sandra's blog for more Happy Homemaker Monday and lots of homemaking inspiration!

The Weather
It is a beautiful day. After some needed rain this weekend, we have clear blue skies. The high today will only reach about 59 degrees, so it is light jacket weather.

Right Now
I am formulating my to do list in my mind (really should write it down), listening to the washer running, and am alone with my thoughts.

Thinking
About my dad and the experience of watching him die. I know Sandra and her readers are women of faith, so I feel comfortable telling you that it was obvious that my father was passing on to a beautiful place. And that he saw that beautiful place, or perhaps those that came to guide him, because I saw the look on his face. And so I, my mom, and my sister are at peace. Happy for him that he is happy and no longer suffering. Sad for us that we will not see him for awhile, but we do know that we will see him again. I am also feeling full of gratitude for the love of my friends, family, and Savior that is surrounding me. I feel it very strongly.

On My Reading Pile
Still the New Testament - we are about to start Revelation. And I have to shout out to my wonderful co-teacher who offered to teach all of the lessons this week. Even though I will still be at class, I can just be there and enjoy listening to her without having to take the time to prepare anything ahead of time.

Other than that, I don't have anything in the works.

On My TV
For some reason we have three Netflix movies: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (half watched that one), My Summer Story (my daughter said it was dumb), and The Iron Lady (still have to watch). Glee on the internet and Mad Men season 5 on Netflix.

What I Found While Surfing the Net
This is my latest bookmark: roasting zucchini and carrots


It looks delicious but I haven't tried it yet. 

On the Menu this Week
Not a lot of cooking here this week:

Monday Fast food at the mall because we will be suit and dress shopping
Tuesday A big pot of soup/stew. I will be feeding my mom and nephew as well as my brood so I think soup and rolls is the way to go.
Wednesday Will probably be food out since we are on the go from school on.
Thursday We will be fed by the good women of our church. I believe the menu is linguine with clam sauce, baked ziti, salad, bread, and some kind of chocolaty dessert.
Friday We will be fed by more good women of our church that will be more potluck.
Saturday I will figure it out when the time comes. We might still be hanging with my family.
Sunday See above.

(not very helpful to you, I'm sorry for that)

On My To Do List
Laundry, laundry, laundry, grocery shopping (for breakfast and lunch items, see above), order flowers, haircut, pick up the house.

Looking Forward To This Week
Seeing friends and family and celebrating my dad's life. He was a musician (weekend musician, as they say) and even cut an album in Nashville in the late 60's. So we have been uploading his music as well as his photos so that we can display and play them during calling hours. He has passed on his legacy to his grandchildren. All five of them are an artist of some type - most are musicians. Every single one of them will be performing and/or speaking at his funeral. I am sure he will be pleased.

Looking Around the House
There is some picking up to do, but my good husband tried to keep things under control while I was with my mother this weekend.  It could use a vacuuming but that probably won't happen today. And my refrigerator desperately needs cleaning. Maybe next week.

From the Camera
Not from my own camera obviously, but from my computer. Dad.



On My Prayer List
My kids, my mom, my sister, my in-laws (my father in-law is quite upset about my dad's passing), my friends' mother who is in very bad shape (and they just lost their father about a month ago.

Bible Verse

"...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
John 8:12

May you have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment