September 16, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday September 16 2013


Good afternoon everyone! I am late in posting today because I realized that mornings are better than afternoons to go shopping, so grocery shopping came first. I knew I would never get out here before noon if I got on my computer first! The leaves are changing! Just a little so far, our peak is the middle of October, but I am seeing a little bit of yellow in my backyard.

Please see Sandra at Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom for more Happy Homemaker Monday.

The Weather
They keep promising us sunny days and we keep getting rain! It hasn't been too terribly rainy, and now the sun is finding its way through the clouds. Now it looks like tomorrow will be sunny and the rest of the week is partly cloudy. Highs are between upper 60's and mid 70's. Perfect temperatures!

Right Now I am
I just finished lunch and grocery shopping. I am looking forward to a quick nap! Then it will be time to start dinner.

Thinking
That I am tired of not having my own car to use! My daughter has taken over my minivan - she drives it (and my sons) to school, comes home for a snack, then goes to work. I drive our truck when I need a car, which is easy to drive (not so much to park), but not fun for buying groceries. Today I opened the back to load my warehouse purchases, and there were car parts in there. Last week it was dirt from some plants we brought my in-laws. So I had to load everything in the back seat, not fun and not a lot of room. Sometimes I take the car my son drives, which gets better gas mileage. So I never know which car I will be driving, I cannot keep my reusable grocery bags in the car, I cannot keep my keys for our seminary meeting place on a key chain, I do not have a "home"! Next year my daughter will be away at college and I will get my van back.

On My Reading Pile
...

On My TV
Still watching Friday Night Lights

On the Menu for this Week
Monday baked ziti, salad, bread
Tuesday chili, broccoli salad
Wednesday quesadillas, salad
Thursday baked chicken and rice, green beans
Friday pizza
Saturday ? possibly leftovers
Sunday family cookout/birthday celebration do not have the menu planned yet

On My To Do List
Wash towels, NAP!, make dinner, review seminary lesson

Looking Around the House
It's fairly clean, still some groceries to put away (waiting for my son to get off the phone to help with that).

From the Camera
Three of my kids before a church dance


On My Prayer List
My kids, mom, in-laws, 3 former seminary students that are serving missions and the people they are teaching.

Bible Verse
A familiar one: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Psalm 23

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment