January 12, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday January 12 2015


It has been so hard to get back into a routine since the holidays. The weather hasn't been helping, since we have had late starts, early dismissals, and closings since the kids went back to school. That messes up my seminary schedule, and my sleep schedule too. But, it is what it is, so I am looking for ways to just enjoy the season and get through it too! Thanks to Sandra from Diary of a Stay At Home Mom for hosting Happy Homemaker Monday!

The weather outside is
cold, wet, and icy. I have spent the day inside and wish all of my family could have done the same. But, alas, my husband and two oldest have to work, so I get to eat chocolate chip cookies and worry about their drives home tonight. Fortunately the temperature is still above freezing so far.

On the breakfast plate this morning
was pancakes. Since we didn't have seminary, again, but had a delayed opening, I made my high schoolers pancakes and made them sit down to eat and read scriptures with me before going to school. Then they turned around and came home early.

As I look outside my window
it is dark now, but still wet. We have one tree in the front that refuses to drop its leaves. They are dried up, but they do not fall off. So, if I am looking outside my front window I can see those leaves too!

Right now I am
finishing up a batch of cookies and dreading the making of dinner. I have a major case of winter doldrums and I need something other than sugar to perk me up!

As I look around the house
I have tax returns sitting on the table because it is FAFSA time. Oh, it gives me a headache, filling out that form, and I am sure we do not do it right. I am looking towards the mudroom to see who just came home. Ah, my oldest, ready for those cookies! We finally have all of our Christmas decorations put away - we just held onto a couple of fake wreaths for the doors to get us through the winter. Not everything is put back yet, so it is looking a little empty in the living areas.

On my to do list
I am behind because today should be grocery day, but I did not want to go out in this weather.
Tuesday: groceries
Wednesday: upstairs bathrooms, bedroom
Thursday: kitchen and main floor bathroom
Friday: main floor dust and vacuum, put things back
Saturday: have kids clean downstairs

On the tv this week
season five of Downton Abbey!

On the menu
You can find my menu here.

New recipe to try this week
I was looking for foods to get me through the winter and came across this article, and I would like to pursue those suggestions more.

Favorite photo
I don't have anything from this week, so here is one last peek at Christmas:


Inspirational quote


Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment