March 7, 2009

And We Have a Winner!

Yesterday I moved my cookbooks from one cabinet to another. One good thing about reorganizing is that you get a renewed interest in the things you are organizing and sometimes rediscover something you forgot you had. I came across a slim cookbook "Campbell's Weeknight Cooking". I think I bought it from a school fundraiser. Well, I never even used it....until tonight. I planned this week's menus with a few of its recipes. Tonight was the first one, and everybody liked it. This one will go into my permanent recipe box.
Chicken Broccoli Divan
4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets (I used fresh) 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 1/2 Cup milk 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 2 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs 1 Tablespoon butter, melted Heat oven to 350 degrees Arrange broccoli and chicken in a long baking dish Stir soup and milk together and pour over chicken and broccoli Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture Mix bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the cheese Bake for 30-60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bread crumbs are browned. The cheese was just enough to give it a nice flavor without being too cheesy. The kids didn't care for the broccoli like that (they like it plain, no cheese sauce even, what is wrong with them anyway?), but the husband and I like it. Quick, easy, yummy, everyone will eat it. That's 5 stars in this house.

2 comments:

  1. I'm collecting good recipes from everywhere to create our family menus. Thank you for taking the time to post them and for the feedback!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that once, love it, but just a little too much cheese for my tolerance, but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete