September 17, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday September 17


How happy am I?  Hmmm, I think, if I give myself time to think about it, that in spite of being a little stressed and overwhelmed, yes, I am happy!

Go to Sandra's blog for more Happy Homemaker Monday posts.

The Weather
68 degrees, sunny and clear, blue skies, 57% humidity. A perfect day.  So why are my windows closed? Hold on while I go open some...

On My Reading Pile
Oh, to be able to read for fun again. I am trying to finish up the Jessica Darling series, Perfect Fifths. I have had it on my kindle since last year. We went camping this past weekend and that is a good time to read for entertainment, but I don't know if I will be able to finish it, there just isn't time for reading during the school year. If I have a few moments while I wait for someone, I usually do sudoku.

The New Testament - I am teaching this to 5 high schoolers every morning. Today I am preparing a lesson on Matthew 4 and Luke 4.

On My TV
See above - no time. Apparently last Thursday was the premier of Glee and we missed it.  From Netflix we have Dead Poet's Society and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

On the Menu for this Week
Monday is almost always pasta night, so I am going to attempt to make lentil sauce. I say attempt because it takes awhile and I don't know if I'll have time to pull it off.  We indulged in a lot of bacon while camping, so a meatless meal is appealing!

The rest of the week will be slow cooker dinners. It's a crazy week, with something to do every night. Yuk.

On My To-Do List
laundry, always laundry
menu plan
groceries and gas
cook dinner
pick up boys at high school at 5
bring one boy to another's house for a cross country dinner
bring other boy home for dinner (I am anticipating that he will not want to go - I just found out about this dinner)
bring boy to piano lesson at 7
Tomorrow I have to be at the high school for the required parent driver's ed class (2 hours), then watch rest of cross country meet, bring everyone home.
Wednesday I have to work, then go to a DCF training meeting (for foster parenting) - must get rides for 3 kids to church youth group
Thursday is meet the teacher at the high school (for 3 kids, don't know how we are going to pull that off), plus piano, dance, and boy scouts. Oh, and driver's ed for my daughter, which means no piano but I have to pick her up from school  at 4:15, and then pick up the boys at 5:50.

I think I want to scream. There is more but I am tired of writing it and I'm sure you do not want to read it. I hope this explains the sparse answers written above.

What I am Creating
lessons on the New Testament for my seminary class

Homemaking Tips
got nothing

Looking Around the Home
I see a mess. If I was smart I would have hired someone to come clean my house while we were camping. My kitchen table is filled with my lesson manuals and my scriptures. I hear the washer and the dryer going, and a few frogs chirping outside.

From the Camera


Some good looking boys ready to go to a church activity two weekends ago.

On My Prayer List
My kids, including my seminary kids.

Bible Verse
"...Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they came with haste..."
Luke 2:15-16

Let us now go, and they came with haste.  Someday, someday, I hope to be like those shepherds, and seek the Lord with that kind of eagerness.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. My word, I'm exhausted just reading your to do list LOL You definitely need some down time to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy! My middle-schooler and I are studying Luke 4 at the moment as well!

    Let me know if you make the lentil sauce and if you can share the recipe! I love lentils!

    Have a great week,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a ton of stuff to do but at least you know what it all is! I usually think I'm doing good and then find out I missed three appointments and left one of the kids somewhere. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete