October 22, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday October 22


Go over to Sandra's blog for more Happy Homemaker Monday posts.

I missed last week. Can't remember now what was going on...oh yea, last Monday was the income tax extension deadline, so I was working.

The Weather
Cool, but sunny and beautiful.  I wish I could truly capture the scenes around me outside.  Many of the leaves have fallen, but there are still many bright and colorful leaves on the trees. As I drive around, I long for an opportunity to stop and photograph the beauty around me. It is truly spectacular.

Right Now I am
Waiting for a client to call me so we can finish up his bookkeeping for the last two years and get his tax returns prepared.

Thinking
That I should work on my seminary lesson for tomorrow, but want to get this tax business done so I can be in the right frame of mind for spiritual learning.

On My Reading Pile
I have a serious problem. I love books, and have many on my Kindle waiting to be read. However, I have no time to read, so I need to just stop accumulating more!  I think I will skip this part of the post unless I actually read something. However, we have just started Mark in the New Testament, so that is where I am.

On My TV
We watched Disturbia this weekend, and I have instructions from my daughter to get it in today's mail so we can get another Netflix movie.  We still have We Bought a Zoo to watch.

On the Menu for This Week
Still have to make one and get to the grocery store. The good news is that most of the chlorine is out of my water and we can go back to a normal life, whatever that means! Tonight two of my boys are having dinner out with their cross country team. I have one plate of leftovers from last night, so that leaves dinner for two or three, depending on if my oldest is around. I will probably make one pound of pasta to feed the rest.

What I am Creating
Lesson planning for Mark chapter 2.

Homemaking Tips
Clean as you go! I make so many problems for myself because I easily become overwhelmed by housework, then I wait until it is at disaster level, and then I make a big project out of cleaning. I am trying now to clean as I go, especially because I am finding less and less time to devote to "project" cleaning. Every time I go into the bathroom I wipe the sink, toilet, mirror. Every time I go upstairs or downstairs I look to see if something needs to be carried to another floor. I am sure none of this is new to any of you, but I thought I would share anyway.

Looking Around the House
There are a few things to be put away, but my darling daughter cleaned the entire house on Saturday so there is not much to do. The washing machine is going, the sun is shining outside my windows, the dog is sleeping, as usual, and I am the only one home. It is quiet and peaceful.

From the Camera
My photos do not capture the true brilliance of the colors outside, but I do like the contrast of the tree trunk and the leaves behind it. 


On My Prayer List
My kids, a family in need.

Bible Verse
Every day we ask one of the students in seminary to share a scripture that has personal meaning to them. I feel like I get my chance when I participate here:

Mark 1:15 "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand, repent ye, and believe the gospel."

As I get older and I see the temptations and adversity facing my children, I realize that we truly are in the last days, when we will have to make a choice to follow God or turn away. I am doing what I can to show them that following God is the way to true happiness, and learning for myself what it means to be a true disciple.

Have a glorious week!

1 comment:

  1. It scares me to death to think of what my grands are up against! At times I feel helpless but I know it's not hopeless!!!

    I love the picture!! I'm very jealous!!

    ReplyDelete