July 8, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday July 8 2013


Good morning everyone! I am hoping that Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom will be hosting today, but since she is waiting to get internet service, it may not be possible. But go and visit her anyway. She is such an inspiration!

The Weather
It is hot, but not unbearably hot, and the humidity has dropped to about 50%, so we have been given a perfect summer day. The sky is blue, and although it is warm (90 degrees), the pool is glorious and waiting for us!

Right Now
I am writing this as I wait to pick up my son from summer school. He is one lucky kid, all of his teachers passed him but one, and he is able to make that up this week so he can start next year fresh. It meant he had to take a week off from camp, and his boss was not thrilled, but I am glad he is experiencing some consequences. Hopefully he will step up his game next year.

Thinking
About The Book Thief, which I just finished this morning (which is why I am a little late writing this post). It was a marvelous book; I highly recommend it. What I liked most about it was that it was about human beings, flawed human beings, who made mistakes and did hurtful things, but also did things that didn't seem like much, but made a huge impact on the lives of others. It celebrates the goodness of humanity, in spite of the horrors of it.

On My Reading Pile
First I read The One I Left Behind, by Jennifer McMahon, but to be honest, after The Book Thief, I cannot remember much about it, other than I liked it. But The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, is one that will stay with me forever. I don't know what is up next, I will let you know next week.

On My TV
Well, Netflix is too quick for me, so before I was able to cancel my dvd subscription, they sent me the next two, which will probably sit on my tv for forever, especially since my husband and I started Downton Abbey. We are almost done with the first season. The Netflix movies are Gandhi (which I saw many years ago), and X2: X-men United. my boys are still watching Dr. Who.

What I Found While Surfing the Net
This was a friend's link on Facebook, but this most likely will be where my next book comes from:


On My Menu for This Week
Monday Leftovers for the husband, pasta and salad for the rest of us (don't worry, he won't mind!)
Tuesday 
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday family picnic celebrating July birthdays (of which there are 5): hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, beans, potato salad, fruit salad, vegetable platter, cupcakes and ice cream (people are bringing some of this stuff, it is not all me!)
Sunday 

As you can see I do not have my menu done yet, that is this afternoon's task. I had to finish The Book Thief first!


On My To Do List
Peruse the sale flyers, create a menu, and make a grocery list. Grocery shop if I have to today. But first, pick up my son from summer school!

Looking Forward to This Week
Seeing my daughter again! She will have been gone for 10 days, on vacation with her best friend, and I miss her a ton. I know I am getting a sneak peak of my life a year from now when she goes off to college, and it is going to be HARD. If you asked me a couple of years ago, when she was 14 and had major ATTITUDE, I would have felt differently, but she has matured, and has become a wonderful young lady whom I really, really like.  Also seeing my youngest when he comes home for scout camp, I miss him tons too!

Looking Around the House
On Friday I gave my self a birthday present, and thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, foyer, mudroom, and bathroom on the main floor. There was not one thing out of place, and a couple of days before I was able to clean the refrigerator. So, when everyone came home, they saw a perfect kitchen. It is not so perfect now, as there are things strewn around, but it is manageable, and it is still clean of dirt. Next are the upstairs bathrooms and then the basement, which is a MAJOR project, but neither have air conditioning, so I am procrastinating.

From the Camera
My self-made birthday present: the perfectly clean kitchen (if you don't count the papers on the door and fridge, which, why count them?!)


On My Prayer List
My kids, mom, in-laws, and girlfriend's son who is battling a serious brain tumor.

Bible Verse
"But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Love your kitchen :) And I didn't even notice the papers until you mentioned them LOL

    Sorry I missed HHM this week, didn't have internet yet, BUT will be back next week :)

    ReplyDelete