October 21, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday October 21, 2013


Wow, I guess it has been awhile since I have posted. I think I have a HHM post in progress from a previous week - just never got around to finishing it. How are you? We are busy in this household! We are also in the middle of a beautiful fall season. I look out my door and see yellow and various shades of orange. Here, I'll show you:


So now let's get on to Happy Homemaker Monday. Thanks to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting. See her blog for more HHM posts and lots of inspiration!

The Weather
It is chilly (35 degrees with a high of 60), but the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the leaves are bright, bright colors. It is my favorite season of the year! So I put on a sweater, a couple of layers of clothes, my fur lined clogs, and go out and enjoy it. I cannot wait for our first fire. No one has been home long enough to get one going!

Right Now
My oldest son is sleeping. He just got a new job but doesn't start training until next week, so I am sure he is taking advantage of his last week to sleep in! The dishwasher is going (forgot to start that last night) and I am gearing up for a grocery run.

Thinking
How little time I have today. My kids have a half day so they are home at 12:15. I probably won't be back from grocery shopping yet, but I have to hurry because I have to bring my boys back to school for a cross country meet. They have to come home to eat though.

On My Reading Pile
A lot of books. None of it is getting read though.

On My TV
My husband is in the 5th season of Friday Night Lights, so I watch that with him on the weekends. Nothing else at the moment. Too busy to watch!

On the Menu
I am trying to switch my grocery day to Friday (last week it didn't work), so I only have a partial week's menu today. Also, we have parent teacher conferences three nights, so meals will be made in the slow cooker for multiple eating times and easy cleanup.

Monday creamy chicken and egg noodles, peas and carrots
Tuesday sloppy joes on rice or rolls, broccoli, corn
Wednesday ham with sweet potatoes and carrots
Thursday pasta with vegetable sauce, garlic bread, salad

* all of these recipes came from a Rival Crock Pot cookbook. I will share if I think they are keepers.

To Do
One load of laundry, grocery shopping, vacuum kitchen & entryways, drive son back to school for cross country meet, plan seminary lesson

Looking Around the House
It is a bit messy, but with the kids around a lot this week, there is not point in getting too crazy with the clean up, besides, I can let them do it! They have half days every day but Friday, which means they will be coming home for lunch and I will be running the dishwasher twice a day. My bathroom/laundry room is clean - that got a good cleaning and organizing on Friday. So glad to have that done. Hope to get to my bedroom this week - it is the last to get cleaned and is very neglected, and very dusty.

From the Camera
Some of my favorite people. My seminary class.


On My Prayer List
My kids (including the ones above that are not mine), my mom, my in-laws, various friends facing tough trials.

Bible Verse
Isaiah 55:8-9:  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." 

I like this verse because it helps me to trust in the Lord. When things seem impossible because of my limited sight or way of thinking, I try to remember that the Lord sees and knows all, and knows how it will work and will guide me through it. When I was asked to teach seminary I was overwhelmed. I had to leave the house at 5:30 am with my three kids in tow, teach a lesson (with the help of a co-teacher), and get them all to school (at the time they were in three different schools with three different start times). Then my car overheated and the engine was ruined. We drained our savings to buy another (used) car. Gas prices skyrocketed to $4/gallon and my annual mileage more than doubled. Finally, my oldest son had a mental breakdown and we were in the middle of that and trying to understand what was happening. Somehow we made it through, and this is my seventh year of teaching. It is the most rewarding thing I have done (outside of motherhood, but this is part of parenting).

Only the Lord knows what we are truly capable of.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment