December 16, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday December 16, 2013


I came on here to write another post and realized it was Monday. I don't want to miss too many weeks in a row! Happy Christmas! Not much longer now, and I admit I am feeling the stress. I have not had time to think about what to get my kids, let alone buy it. Thank goodness for Amazon! Right now I am up to my elbows in cookie dough, but I'll tell you about that below. Thank you, Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting! Go see her blog for more Happy Homemaker Monday posts!

As I Look Outside My Window
I am looking at about 4 inches of snow on my deck, and I understand we are getting some more tomorrow. Snow days sometimes provide a nice break from the craziness that is December, but it also messes up my game. This morning it took my awhile to realize that the kids had to get up and get ready for school!

Right Now I Am
Baking cookies. My husband is a manager overseeing three shifts and he brings in a tray of my cookies for each shift. He says my cookies are probably the only reason they like him. I started baking yesterday, but we ran out of water (love well water, grrr) so that was the end of that. I managed one batch, and that was for my family.

Thinking and Pondering
I must admit I am not very spiritually minded right now, with my huge to do list, but I do try to think about the Savior and his great gift of His Atonement and what it means for me. I am also thinking about what I have left to buy for presents and what other cookies I am going to bake. Right now I am baking the second batch of the Pioneer Woman's Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies. The only thing I did differently is using light brown sugar instead of dark (because that is what I had) and I did include the optional pecans. They are delicious - I have to keep myself from eating them! Anyway, I first came on my blog to write a post about what cookies I made this year, since I never remember from one year to the next, and then realized that it was Monday. So that post will be coming next.

On My Bedside Table
Mostly the scriptures right now. Doing my best to focus on the Savior when I can.

On My TV
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas! We watched It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story this weekend. Tonight may be the Walton's Homecoming.

Listening To
Pandora's Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas station. Right now is Canon in D by Brian Crain.

On the Menu for This Week
Cookies! Not really, but since I will be spending two days baking, well, tonight will be pizza anyway.

On My To Do List
Um, bake cookies. Shop, wrap, and CLEAN THE HOUSE. It's a mess.

My Simple Pleasure
Having my kids walk in the door after school and comment on how good it smells in the kitchen because of what I am cooking/baking.

Lesson Learned
That I desperately need the Atonement as I struggle to become better.

Looking Around the House
Christmas cards to send out, a box from Amazon, and cookies are on the table. Paper plates and plastic silverware are sitting around the kitchen and dining room since we had no water to wash dishes last night. Last night's lasagna pan is still sitting on the table waiting to be washed. And cookie baking supplies and ingredients are on the counter.

From the Camera
My wonderful kids:



Prayer List
My kids, mom, in-laws, a few friends with serious health issues, and myself.

Bible Verse
Psalm 24:9-10: "Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory."

Look to Him, the Lord of Glory, whose birth we celebrate this month!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment