January 10, 2013

Good, Good Goulash

I got this recipe from the cookbook One Bite Won't Kill You. (One of the best things I got from this book was the answer to the question What's for dinner?  The answer?  Yuck, I hate it.  I've used this answer several times. Needless to say my kids hate that answer.

1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped (does your grocery store EVER have a small green pepper???)
8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked & drained
2 cans condensed tomato soup (you know, Campbells)
salt & pepper to taste

saute beef, onion, & green pepper in large skillet over medium heat abt 10 minutes
stir in other ingredients, mix & heat

ALL DONE!

Now, the disclaimer:  the tomato soup makes a kind of sweet sauce, much like the tomato sauce in a can of Spaghettios.  This is supposed to be kid friendly. To be honest, my two younger kids didn't eat it, but my oldest kid loved it, and the adults are okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment