August 4, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday August 4 2014


Good morning! The house is quiet - my teenager and young adult are still sleeping - and it's time for Happy Homemaker Monday! This comes from Sandra's blog at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. See her for more Happy Homemaker Monday.

Breakfast Time

We had family over to (finally) celebrate my daughter's graduation and 18th birthday, and this morning I am having some of the leftovers from my mom's fruit salad. I love it when healthy food is ready and waiting for me in the fridge!

On Today's To Do List
The house was cleaned for the party, and I kept up with the clean up yesterday, but there are a few things to do today. We have to empty the coolers of the leftover soda cans and water bottles, drain them and leave them open to dry. Rinse and bring all of the empties to the garage, a quick vacuum in the kitchen, and put away the coffee maker that is draining in the sink. Not a bad list! Oh, and fold and put away the towels sitting in the dryer. There is always some laundry to do!

Currently Reading
the namesake by jhumpa lahiri. It is a story of a couple from India who migrate to the USA and their adjustment, especially to the cultural differences in their children that become more Americanized.

On the TV
We have been watching Veronica Mars and John Adams via Amazon Prime.

The Weather Outside is
Beautiful, although a bit humid, thus the air conditioner is running even though it is only 70 degrees outside right now. The temp will continue to climb up to 86 for tomorrow. Looks like we will be having thunderstorms this week, typical for humid New England summers.

On the Menu This Week
I am sticking to my new eating plan, although I did indulge a little this weekend. We have tons of leftovers from yesterday, so tonight we will be having hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni salad, and baked beans. (I will be having a chicken burger and a salad.) After that I am going to look to my freezer - I have various forms of frozen chicken in there, and I have been wanting to use up the food and clean it out before the summer is over, so I anticipate a lot of chicken cooked in the crock pot these next couple of weeks! There are still only four of us home, and I am anticipating a low grocery bill this week, which will be lovely. So far all I need to buy is milk.

If I Have a Few Minutes to Myself I will
Oh, I will have a lot of minutes to myself, woohoo! I will read and start preparing for seminary which starts the day after Labor Day.

New Recipe I Tried, or Want To Try
I don't have a recipe to share, but I do have a product:


It has about half of the sodium of Tostidos brand salsa (which is what I used to buy from our BJ's Warehouse Store), it is offered at BJ's, and my family liked it a lot! 

In the Garden
We have a couple of tomatoes! That means toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches, my favorite!

Favorite Photo From the Camera
I have less than a month with this wonderful child, and then we leave her at college.


Homemaking Tip
To go along with Sandra's tip this week on laundry stains: the sun will bleach out tomato sauce! My mother in-law told me this one and it works!

Praying for
My kids and parents.

Bible Verse
1 Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually."

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed John Adams, it was very good ;)

    I didn't know about the tomato sauce tip, thank you for that. Great idea.

    Hope you have a great week, and enjoy the month you have with your girl, treasure every minute :)

    ReplyDelete