December 8, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday December 8, 2014


I finally participated last week after a two month absence, but never linked up! So maybe today I can actually do that. It's the most wonderful and busiest time of the year! What am I most looking forward to this Christmas? My daughter being home! I have seen her a few times - she was home for Thanksgiving - but it goes by so fast and she had a lot of studying to do, but she has five weeks home at Christmas, woohoo! Back to Happy Homemaker Monday, coming at you from Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom! Here goes:

The weather outside is
confusing! I woke up this morning with a weather alert on my phone - flood warnings - yet it is dry as a bone outside. I guess I should be grateful, lol. But it is COLD 18 degrees this morning but it warmed up to a balmy 23 (it's now 3 pm). We are supposed to get rain the rest of the week, but at least it is also supposed to be above freezing. Ice is a big concern around here.

On the breakfast plate this morning
was waffles with peanut butter.

As I look outside my window
I see gray skies. All of the color is gone, sigh.

Right now I am
listening to Christmas music (that is pretty much constant this time of year) and sitting at my kitchen table. I am also putting off grocery shopping, lol.

As I look around the house
I kept the house looking so good last week! But then I got involved in a project that I could not finish due to other obligations, and now there are things hanging around that need to be put away. The main floor also needs to be dusted and vacuumed, kitchen floor washed.

On today's to do list
last week I spelled out my entire week, and it was great because I did a good job answering to that list. I didn't complete everything (every time I dust and vacuum I am compelled to organize...), but I did get a lot done. So here is my week:

Today:  quickly running out of time for grocery shopping, so it will be a quick stop at my local grocery store, pick up son #2, let him drive home (learner's permit, help!), make dinner, possibly pick up son #3 (he may get a ride), seminary lesson

Tuesday:  dust and vacuum kitchen and living area, mop kitchen floor, clean bathroom, same pick up routine, seminary lesson

Wednesday:  upstairs bathrooms, seminary lesson, pick up son, laundry

Thursday:  tax seminar all day, have no idea how I am going to get son from school, dinner, seminary lesson

Friday:  tax seminar all day, hopefully husband will take the day off and pick up son from school, same husband whom I have been trying to call all day and hasn't responded..., laundry

Saturday:  bookkeeping, seminary lesson, be in two places at once at night, laundry

Sunday: lesson, rest!, dinner, keep thinking there is something I am forgetting...oh yea, put up the tree!

On the menu this week
You can find my menu here.

Favorite photo
son #2 was his school's production of Dracula this weekend. He played Grimm. This photo is courtesy of my wonderful neighbor with an excellent camera!





Prayers, Quotes, Devotionals


Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment