July 9, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday July 9 2012




Join our hostess Sandra and the other moms who have participated today.
You can find it and lots of other wonderful posts at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The Weather

I am IN LOVE with our weather today.  Right now it is about 76 degrees with 60% humidity.  The high is 83 and it is sunny.  Right now there is not a cloud in the sky.  It is rare that we have perfect days like this.  It amazes me how something like the weather can completely affect my mood.  I feel very content, and I have a lot on my plate.  Bring it on!

On My Reading Pile

I am becoming like my son, I have four books started (5 if you include the New Testament).  They include:

The Magician's Nephew  which is the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series.  I am determined to read the whole series this summer.

Can't Wait to Get to Heaven  I have seen this one mentioned on Sandra's blog and I am half way through and loving it.

Anna Karenina Haven't touched this one in awhile, we'll see if I get through it.

The New Testament I am on Acts chapter 13 already!

I cannot remember the name of the 5th one, and it is upstairs so I'll share next time.

On My TV

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I can't believe I am admitting that)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets It is not summer without Harry Potter.  Am trying to resist buying the digital copies of the books, but I know I'll give in.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven  Read the book and saw a small part of the movie.  My daughter requested this from Netflix.

The Pianist

On My Menu for This Week

A lot of Sandra's recipes.  I have been reading through her blog from the beginning and have so many bookmarks, it takes up a page on my Nook.  Anyway:

For tonight (Monday is always pasta night unless it is a holiday), will be The Best Lasagna Ever.  Now I make a lasagna that is super easy and my kids love, so this will be an interesting test to see how they react.  

I haven't finished my menu planning, so I cannot post any more.  I highly recommend that you checkout Sandra's cooking blog though,  Full Bellies, Happy Kids

And while I am at it, I would just like to thank all of the people who share their brilliance with the rest of the world, through blogging and what have you.  There are so many talented, creative people, not to mention great cooks, and I for one appreciate you.  You inspire me.  I have known women who make amazing dishes and WILL NOT SHARE THEIR RECIPES.  I admit that I do not understand this.  I could understand if it was their profession, of course you cannot give your product away for free.  However, in these particular instances, they considered them family recipes and would not share.

I am sorry, I do not understand their motivation.  And I SO APPRECIATE those of you who are generous with your knowledge and skills.  So THANK YOU.

Okay, moving on.

On My To Do List

Pick up my son from band camp (already dropped him off)
Menu Plan, grocery list, buy groceries
Vacuum downstairs and mop floor
Clean half bathrooms
Laundry, always laundry
Turn on the pool filter.  I always forget this until half of the day is over.

What I am Creating

I think I am going to start my life story on my family blog.  I will do it slowly and start from my earliest memories.  This is just in the idea stage right now.

Homemaking Tip

This comes from my mother in-law.  Use a strawberry huller to get pieces of eggshell out of a cracked egg.  You can also use it to get rid of the squiggly white things.  You need one with a rounded tip, like this one.
Looking Around the House

I will ignore the mess that I see.  It is quiet.  The dog is hiding sleeping downstairs, my two oldest are sleeping upstairs, my foster son is at scout camp, and my youngest is at band camp.  I hear the hum of the air conditioner, although I do not know why I am wasting electricity running it today.  I have my grilling cookbooks out and my local grocery store flyer just waiting for me to plan my menus.

From the Camera

Looking through my sliding glass door


On My Prayer List

In church yesterday a woman told us that she has a list of names written on a piece of paper and she has been praying for those people for almost a year.  She has seen some miracles in some of their lives.  What an inspiration.  This is something I want to do, especially for two of my children.

Bible Verse (what I read this week)

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."

Acts 7:55-56 

No comments:

Post a Comment