July 3, 2012

Okay, I'm in Love

(photo courtesy of smittenkitchen.com)

I got this recipe from A Chelsea Morning.  You can find the original post here.

2 boxes cake mix
2 sticks butter (melted, but I left mine out on the counter and in the heat of the summer, it was plenty soft)
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips, or raisins, or whatever goody you want

Mix cake mix and butter
Add water and eggs
Add chocolate chips

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes

The flavor combinations are endless.  I used Dunkin Hines Butter Golden flavor with semi-sweet chocolate chips.  What about Devil's Food with milk chocolate chips?  Spice cake cookies with cream cheese frosting?  Marble with mini chocolate chips?  Oh yum, I cannot wait.

* Now, I am a Toll House snob.  But this is so quick and the cookies come out crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, and I find them a very close second.  Very close.

Hope you like them!

1 comment: