July 21, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday July 21 2014


Good morning! Ah, it's another gorgeous day in New England. We have had a very mild summer so far and I am not complaining (even if it means the pool doesn't get used). I am once again joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday. See her blog for more!

Breakfast Time - What's On the Plate This Morning
Thanks to the results of this year's physical, it is time to finally get serious about my health. So this morning I had half of a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and am still nursing my smoothie made with mixed frozen fruit and water.

On Today's To Do List
Mostly grocery shopping. We are trying to save some money on the grocery bill with a lot of the kids gone this summer, but I do need to buy lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. I think I will start soaking and cleaning my boys' bedding - taking my time since they won't be home until Saturday.

Currently Reading
Have you joined Kindle Unlimited? I am so excited about this. They give you the first month free, and I am taking advantage, and am reading The Bloodletter's Daughter by Linday Lafferty.

On the TV Today
Nothing

The Weather Outside Is
Perfect. It is 72 degrees and sunny. The humidity isn't too bad - 68%.

On the Menu This Week
Healthy. Dinners will consist of grilled meat with a large salad or rice and beans with dark green vegetables. 

If I Have a Few Minutes to Myself I Will
Finish reading my book! 

New Recipe
Last night I made brown rice (plain, no salt or butter) and added cooked collard greens, black beans, and canned tomatoes. It was actually pretty good. One thing I have found is that once I give up sugar and fats, I start to appreciate the taste of real foods.

In the Garden
My husband takes care of that. We did have one tomato so far. There is nothing better than garden grown tomatoes!

Favorite Photo From the Camera
Did I share this one already? Hopefully not.


Homemaking Tip
Send your kids away for the summer and enjoy your clean house! Ha, ha, just kidding. I miss my kids tremendously and admit I've been a little bored, but I do appreciate that the house stays clean!

Visiting With Blogging Friends
There really are not many blogs that I follow - many that I used to have stopped blogging. Sandra's is the only one I read with regularity. However, a friend reference the following blog on Facebook and I thought it worth bookmarking and exploring later:


Praying for
My kids. Always.

Bible Verse
Matthew 22:  36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38 This is the first and great commandment.
 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Sometimes when I go to church, there seems to be a theme to the messages and lessons I hear. Yesterday's theme was about not judging others. Here is the thing, I felt very judgy yesterday, but I also know why. It has taken me years to learn this lesson: when I have been neglecting my spirit, I can tell by the way I feel about others. When my spirit is fully nourished, I feel love towards my fellow men and women. So, I instead of giving in to the thoughts and feelings, I try to use it as a reminder that I need to get back to my relationship with God.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love the flowers! I have very light purple ones similar to those blooming now, they always make me smile.

    I can see shipping the kids off for a week or two, I may actually get to stay home that way. lol

    Thanks for the heads up on the blog, I'm going to go check it out, the name works as a great hook.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how much of a mess kids make, and how much they eat LOL

    Good luck on your healthy eating, I've been wanting to do it myself and have been trying, but it's so hard.

    Beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes children (and pets...and husbands!) do create an awful lot of mess :D But it'd be lonely without them. xx

    Homegrown tomatoes just taste fantastic.

    ReplyDelete