Who - me
What - lose weight
Where - everywhere
When - NOW
Why - I won't divulge all of it now, but one reason is because I turned 50.
How - well, now, this is what this post is all about!
So this is what I am doing right now - I am sure my plans will change around as I go, but one thing will stay the same: WATCHING THE CARBS
- fruit, usually strawberries and blueberries, sometimes with almonds, sometimes with some Fiber One cereal (at least until I run out of it).
- smoothie. I have a huge bag of frozen fruit. my best smoothie so far has been frozen fruit (including half of a frozen banana) and unsweetened almond milk.
- half of a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese
- sandwich on a whole grain sandwich thin with lots of veggies (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, green pepper)
- beans, veggies and rice (no sauce if I have tomatoes)
- meat (grilled)
- whole grain pasta
- lettuce, cucumbers, radishes
- one large spoonful of Ben and Jerry's ice cream
- two or three doritos
I don't eat all of those things every day, that is just a list of choices I have made so far. Here is what I have planned for tomorrow:
Lunch: brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, collard greens, apple
Dinner: green salad with grilled marinated chicken and zucchini and a little dressing
Snack: grapes and almonds, one large spoonful of Ben & Jerry's pistachio ice cream
I am trying to have healthy carbs in two meals, so I may try adding rolled oats and flax seed in the smoothie. Some days I crave more carbs, and I am trying to let my body tell me what it needs, so on those days I will have carbs with all three meals.
How is it working? I have lost 14 pounds in two and a half weeks. *Note: a lot of that weight is water, and a lot of it may be attributed to a new diuretic that I am taking, however, my current diet may eliminate the need for the diuretic (I haven't taken it in the last two days and haven't had a problem) and besides that, it feels great to get rid of all of that water!