July 15, 2014

Homemaking Meme

Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom tagged me for this meme. I haven't done one of these in so long. Let me start by explaining that I like being a SAHM, but homemaking itself is not my forte! As  you will see by my answers, lol.

Aprons - Y/N If Y what does your favorite look like? Not usually. I have one, and it is a boring hunter green men's grilling apron that doesn't really fit me.

Baking - Favorite thing to bake? Cookies and brownies. I have been doing that since my childhood.

Clothesline - Y/N We are not allowed to have one in our neighborhood.

Donuts - Have you ever made them? No. I am not big on frying anything, plus we live in the land of Dunkin Donuts!

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday? Laundry, dishes, making the bed.

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? We have an ice cream freezer that is about 75 years old that came from my husband's uncle. We have been offered a regular freezer a couple of times but my husband won't give it up!

Garbage Disposal - Y/N LOL, we have one under the sink that is not hooked up. 

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource? The internet.

Ironing - Love it or hate it? HATE IT and refuse to do it.

Junk drawer- Y/N - Where is it? I have a few of them! In the kitchen and in the dining room and in the basement and in my bedroom. Pretty much in any room that has a drawer.

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme? Our walls are a boring off white, but there isn't much wall space anyway. The counters are dark green and the cabinets are natural maple. We have one stainless steal appliance - the dishwasher - because it was just replaced. Our stove and fridge are off white, which you cannot even get anymore.

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? Having my kids come in the house raving about the smell of something I am cooking.

Mop - Y/N Yes. The days of getting on my hands and knees are over.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in washing machine? I don't wash anything by hand. I will hang them up to dry though. Actually, I usually leave them on top of my dryer while the rest of the load is running and they dry very quickly.

Oven - Do you use the window to check on things or do you open the door? I usually open the door.

Pizza - What do you put on yours? Do you mean what do I order over the phone? LOL. My husband and I like veggie pizza, my kids like bacon.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? READ!!!

Recipe Card Box - Y/N Yes

Style of house Center hall colonial.

Tablecloth and napkins - Y/N Tablecloth for the dining room, placemats for the kitchen. Paper napkins. I tried cloth napkins but the kids don't cooperate too well with those. Once it is just my husband and I, we may make the switch to cloth.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? It is actually organized!

Vacuum -  How many times per week? The same room?! Once a week. We have central vac with a kick plate in the kitchen, so any large items get swept up in between vacuums.

Wash - How many loads per week? Twelve or more, but that includes my kids' loads which they do themselves.

X's - Do you make a daily to do list and check it off as you do things? Not daily, but I am a list maker.

Yard - Y/N - Who does what? My  husband takes care of the yard, including the flowers. I am arthritic so it is hard for me to do the necessary bending to take care of a garden.

Zzz's - What is the last homemaking task you do for the day before you go to bed? The last homemaking task of the night is cleaning up the dinner dishes, but the last things I do before going to bed are turning off the lights, checking the doors, and crating the dog.

That's it! If you read this then TAG, your are it!


2 comments:

  1. That was so much fun to read, thank you for playing along Christy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so cross if I wasn't allowed to have a clothes-line! It's a beautiful sight indeed to see washing flapping in the breeze. LOL But then I'm a little strange. Haha. x

    ReplyDelete