August 1, 2020

Broccoli Slaw

Again I have found the ultimate recipe for broccoli slaw and the key is the dressing. It's not sweet, although it does call for some sugar. I had to make four times the dressing that the recipe calls for. I started with two large bunches of broccoli crowns and I cannot deal with cutting it in julienne strips so I just chopped it all up in my Ninja. Then I shredded four large carrots and threw in what was left of the slivered almonds I bought for another salad (about 1/2 C?). It made SO MUCH. It filled my largest bowl and we will be eating this for a week. In the future I will just buy the bags of broccoli slaw mix because I cannot judge amounts and it makes such a mess to cut up broccoli.  But this is the recipe I will use. It comes from the website Add A Pinch.

2 12 ounce bags broccoli slaw
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
juice of 1 lime - I used a T of lime juice (x 4)
salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/2 t salt x 4)
(I will add some sunflower seeds if I have them)

I love this dressing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment