August 1, 2020

The Best Bean Salad



I go on quests to find "the" recipe that I will always use. Sometimes I will try something different just for fun but will go back to my standard because it's the best. I shared a recipe for Cowboy Caviar which was pretty good but this is the recipe I will repeatedly use. The ingredients are pretty much the same (this one called for just black beans but the ingredients could be whatever I want) but the key is the dressing. Equal parts oil and vinegar and NO SUGAR. This recipe came from the website CookieandKate but I did not make it exactly like she did. I used canned beans and corn and bottled lime juice but it was still absolutely delicious. (I am still seeking THE go to baked bean recipe.)

VEGGIES
3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (or 4.5 C cooked)
1 can corn, drained, or from 2 ears of corn, or 1 C frozen, thawed
chopped peppers (I used 1 orange, 1 yellow, and 1 red this time)
chopped onion
small tomatoes halved or quartered (she called for 1 cup but use as much as you like)
.5 C chopped parsley (or cilantro)

DRESSING
.25 C olive oil
.25 C white vinegar
2 T lime juice
.5 t chili powder
.5 t ground cumin
.5 t salt

Combine veggies, combine dressing ingredients, and mix the two together.

No comments:

Post a Comment