August 1, 2020

Mashed Potatoes

I have been converted to baby potatoes, and for a long time they were the only ones I bought. Super easy to prepare (no peeling) and taste the best to me (less starchy). If I wanted mashed I would simply mash them with a fork on my plate. But the other day I was in the mood for some creamy mashed potatoes and came across instructions on the All Recipes website. I use one more potato that the recipe calls for, but they are still creamy and delicious.

Four large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
.25 C butter
.5 C whole milk
salt and black pepper to taste (I use about a teaspoon of salt and eyeball the pepper)

Cook potatoes in salted water for about 25 minutes
Drain and place back in pot on stove for 30 seconds to dry them a bit
Mash potatoes twice around the pan
Add butter and milk and continue to mash until smooth
Whisk in salt and pepper

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment