August 31, 2020

Monthly Menu September 2020

 


I noticed there is a large blemish on one of the apples. Oh well, this is real life! Wow, it has been four years since I have posted a monthly menu for September. I've probably been too depressed to bother since my kids have been out of high school! Wow, so much more has changed. My older son has moved to a new apartment in Connecticut and works full time and is rocking adult life. My daughter is MARRIED! and started TEACHING SCHOOL! in Utah. And my younger son (who will turn 22 at the end of this month!) is starting his junior year of college. In Utah. All are away from me. Sob! Ooh, it's been a tough adjustment, but it is getting easier. Man, I love my kids; they are the best people. So, now I will plan meals for me and my hubby, but it's still exciting to be September because I love autumn! Although it doesn't really become autumn in Georgia until November, lol. I'm not complaining, because I also love the extra long summer - leaves stay on the trees longer, fresh summer produce is available longer, and we don't really have winter, usually. Not complaining! Onto menu planning:

01 Tue Grilled kielbasa, corn on the cob, leftover potato salad, macaroni salad (store bought), leftover beans.
02 Wed Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts With Gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans
03 Thu Garden Harvest Minestrone, cornbread 
04 Fri Fried Rice, egg rolls
05 Sat Fasting
06 Sun Pizza
07 Mon Spaghetti with meat sauce, broccoli salad
08 Tue Garden Harvest Minestrone (add leftover kielbasa), bread and butter
09 Wed grilled burgers with sauteed mushrooms, potato salad, macaroni salad, beans, corn on the cob, watermelon
10 Thu Grilled Salmon & Veggies, brown rice
11 Fri Tangy Slow Cooker Pork Roast, baby potatoes, Brussell sprouts
12 Sat Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken, steamed sweet potatoes, peas, cornbread
13 Sun Kitchen Sink Quesadillas, Spanish rice, broccoli
14 Mon Leftovers or Take Out
15 Tue Barbecue beef from freezer, mashed potatoes, zucchini
17 Thu Chick Fil-A
18 Fri Pizza
19 Sat Tortellini with sausage and peppers, broccoli and olive salad
20 Sun Grilled chicken legs, coleslaw, baked beans, corn on the cob
21 Mon  Chicken Stir Fry, rice
22 Tue Pork Tenderloin from freezer, gravy, sweet potatoes, peas
23 Wed Beef Stew, rye bread
24 Thu Lemon Garlic Tilapia, Uncle Ben's wild rice, green beans
25 Fri Spaghetti with Vegetable Pasta Sauce, rye bread
26 Sat Creamy Chicken Soup, rye bread or biscuits
27 Sun Baked ham, mashed potatoes, steamed Brussel sprouts
28 Mon Leftover soups, cornbread
29 Tue Leftover vegetable pasta sauce, ziti
30 Wed Chili beans with rice, zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment